Quick Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe
Quick honey garlic salmon recipe. Served with golden sweet and spicy honey and garlic sauce. The honey sauce in the salmon recipe covered salmon pieces. A quick salmon recipe with 20 minutes of cooking time. An ideal recipe to serve as an add-in with the main course.
A delightful treat for surprise guests
Have surprise guests come over? Do you want to impress them with a quick recipe? Here is the perfect solution for a quick dinner. My favorite quick honey garlic salmon recipe. With little to no fancy ingredients, this salmon recipe can be prepared and cook right away. A 5 ingredient recipe for honey garlic salmon. Of all the salmon recipes this one is the family’s favorite. As there is very few ingredients it helps to preserve the salmon’s original taste. Whenever I have to fix a quick and easy recipe for dinner I normally cook this quick honey and garlic salmon recipe. You can explore main dishes to find other excellent options for dinner.
Honey and garlic salmon for dinner
Dinner usually includes baked salmon along with other vegetable sides full of health and nutrients. I usually prefer healthy options for the family. Salmon itself is full of healthy nutritional value. Salmon fish is a rich source of Omega 3 and Vitamin B. This recipe for salmon fish also offers potassium and proteins.
Pro tip: For crispy salmon skin outside and moist inside just like professional chefs cook it over high flame.
Ever wonder the texture and taste of salmon recipes whenever you had a fancy five-star dinner? The secret is in cooking on high heat and quick cooking. The high flame keeps the moisture inside and makes the fish skin crispy. The usual practice of all chefs including me to have pan-fried salmon fish the right way.
Making the sauce Magical
Two key components of garlic honey salmon are salmon fish itself and the delicious mouthwatering honey garlic sauce. Make the perfectly consistent honey sauce with exact thickness. For the right consistency for honey garlic sauce, I use fresh organic bee honey. Mix the honey with lemon juice and freshly chopped garlic. Simmer it over medium flame and here we have our over-the-top sauce. A perfect sauce is the guarantee of taste in the main course.
Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe
- Salmon ½ lbs cut into 1 inch apiece
- Sea salt 1.2 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil/butter 2 teaspoon
- Dark soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Organic bee honey 2 teaspoon
- Filtered water ¼ cup
- Cornstarch 1 teaspoon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Freshly minced Garlic 1 teaspoon
Step by step making honey garlic salmon
- First of all, make sure to season your salmon fish with organic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Pro Tip: avoid using readymade or pre-packed ground spices. Always use freshly ground spices. They will give that “heavenly” taste and punch everyone craves.
- Take a frying pan and add your choice of oil. I prefer using olive oil or organically pressed coconut oil. If you taste cautious, I will recommend using organic farm-fresh butter.
- Heat the oil over medium to high heat and place the salmon piece from the skin side.
- Make sure you cook the fish from the skin side. Each piece may take from 5 to 7 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending upon the cutting size of each salmon fish piece.
- While you cook fish get a non-stick pan on another stove to prepare the sauce. Sauté minced garlic on medium flame.
- In a small bowl mix honey and lemon juice together and put this mixture into sautéed garlic.
- For an extra punch, I grated lemon or lime zest in the sauce. This really gives a professional touch to the sauce.
- Simmer the honey garlic sauce unless its thickness is up to your desire.
- Make sure all the salmon pieces have changed color and are now opaque. It’s the sign that each piece is sufficiently cooked. Add honey garlic sauce into the frying pan over the salmon pieces. Cook salmon and sauce for about a couple of minutes so sauce sticks well around fish.
- Let the fish rest for a bit and after removing the skin serve it on a dinner platter.
You may add chopped parsley or preferably fresh rosemary as garnish before serving.
Important tips to remember for making honey garlic salmon
- How to pick a fresh salmon; usually wild salmon caught right before cooking is the best option to make a honey garlic salmon recipe. Even if you have to choose a farm salmon fish make sure to have one with bright colored flesh. The fresher the fish the brighter the color will be with little to no pungent smell.
- Avoid overcooking; a rookie mistake home cooks make is to overdo the fish. Avoid overcooking as it will not only make the fish meat drier but will burn the spices. Keep a food thermometer at an arm’s length so you won’t overheat the fish. Keeping the baked salmon temperature between 130-135 degrees is ideal. As mentioned above give the fish five minutes and don’t serve right away. Giving it time will keep all the juices inside the meat.
- Press salmon while searing; make sure to occasionally tap salmon pieces. Particularly if you are making honey garlic salmon with frozen salmon fish. Tapping will make salmon crispier and release extra water frozen inside the meat.
- Do not remove the skin before cooking; having honey garlic salmon with or without the skin is a personal choice. I will recommend not removing the skin before cooking. Removing skin after cooking will make salmon tastier.
- De-freeze the frozen salmon fish at room temperature; do not de freeze the frozen salmon in a microwave. Keep it in the refrigerator and get it out and leave it at room temperature at least 15 minutes prior to cooking. This will help keep the heat consistency even throughout the meat.
How to check for perfectly cooked salmon?
Eating the salmon medium rare to fully done is entirely a personal choice. However, usually, it’s liked medium to almost full done with clear fish meat flakes. if you can cut fish meat finely and easily it’s a sign of perfectly cooked salmon.
Pro Tip; Place the thermometer right inside the thickest part of meat while cooking. If it shows the temperature somewhere between 130-135 it’s the perfect time to remove the fish from heat. PLUS make sure it’s no longer “Pink”
Some people like the temperature to go till 145 degrees before removing it from the pan. I always give it 5 minutes to settle before final dishing so removing a bit earlier is always better.
Best sides to serve with honey garlic salmon
Crispy zucchini chips
White or brown steamed rice
Steamed or sautéed veggies
Fresh Brussels sprout salad
How to store this recipe for salmon fish
Storing the honey garlic salmon is very easy. Take all the leftover pieces and place them carefully in an air-tight container to freeze and eat later. You can also store the fish pieces before mixing them with the sauce and making the fresh sauce when needed.
How to reheat the fish?
Reheat the fish on a low to medium flame at a temperature not higher than 300F. Reheating will dry the meat. Another useful trick is to make the fresh sauce and place the frozen pieces to make it perfect.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know here which side you served it with and how your surprise guests liked it?
Or simply leave a comment below about the recipe.