Custard with Cookies
Custard is a delicious dessert whose origin is unknown, although it is assumed that it was in the convents due to the way it is made, the ingredients it has, and its nutritional properties. It was originally made with eggs and milk, to which cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and lemon have been added over time, among other things.
Ingredients for Custard with cookies
- 500 ml. milk and a stick of cinnamon
- 3 egg yolks and 150 gr. of sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch and cookies
- Cinnamon powder (Optional)
- Put a saucepan with milk and the cinnamon stick over low heat so that it infuses the milk and becomes impregnated with the flavor of the cinnamon.
2. If you like, you can also add a piece of lemon peel. After a time, we let it cool down and later removed the cinnamon and the lemon peel.
3. On the other hand, in a container put the sugar and the corn flour and add the egg yolks, With the help of a fork we mix them and add them to the milk.
4. Once the ingredients are united, we must beat them very well so that there are no lumps and, then, we put them on the fire, stirring them constantly.
5. After a few minutes, you will observe that they are thickening and that will be the signal for you to remove it from the heat.
6. Quickly pour them into the final container and put the cookie on top, which will soften with the heat of the custard.
Serving Options for Custard with Cookies
Depending on your taste, we sprinkle cinnamon on top and let it cool.
You will love them.